Tuesday, October 21, 2014

It is well with my soul

for those of you who have not heard this song before, you can find it here: http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/i/t/i/itiswell.htm

I remember hearing it a few times in my childhood, in fact probably more than that. But the first time it became embedded in my memory was hearing it played at the life celebration of a college classmate who passed away while working out in the school gym. i remember sitting in the chapel singing the songs chosen for that night and maintaining my composure until this song played. it was at that point where i could not control my tears. a friend of mine sitting several rows behind me actually came forward to console me. it was a difficult time for me because it made me question where my final destination would be if i were the one with an undiagnosed condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment